5G AND THE IMPACT ON AIRPORTS
As 5G grows in the coming years, airports are making sure passengers and airport stakeholders have the latest connectivity and technology. 5G addresses dense areas and with higher throughput, lower latency and larger bandwidths, it can directly benefit airports.
The possibilities of how 5G may impact airports in several ways, include:
- Ultrafast passenger connectivity through turbo-charged networks for streaming and downloading
- Biometric boarding and security screening
- Smart luggage tracking and baggage handling
- Personalized wayfinding
- Food delivery to gates
- Enhanced airport operations powered by artificial intelligence
- Increased use of automation like autonomous vehicles and robotics that serve as a passenger concierge
- Air traffic control benefits and tracking UAV’s
- Turnaround times for departure gates and integrated resource management systems for ground handlers, caterers and fueling
- Enhanced systems for passenger flow, dwell and wait time monitoring
Dura-Line works to provide airports with a flexible, ready to adapt network for easy upgrades with little to no disruption of the passengers, airlines, concessionaires and airport employees. Conduit lays the way for future expansions without the need to dig up the old cable in order to install the new.